It’s that time of year where we take time to reflect on all the things that bring joy and meaning to our life. Like you, our lives would not be complete without our pets! We asked our Pet Pros team members exactly why they are thankful for their pets. The responses, from our owners and employees, will warm your heart and remind us of just how special our furry friends are.
Nothing beats pet cuddles! Their fur makes them the perfect warm blanket. Plus, they are always ready for a nap.
Energy, enthusiasm & positivity
- “When they cuddle with me when I’m watching a scary movie.” – Melissa
- “She is a cute furry heater on cold winter nights.” – Susan
- “I’m thankful for my cats because they are the best to cuddle up with and read a book on a rainy day.” – Tanya
- “Cuddles!” – Kally
Pets are good for both our emotional and physical health. Their passion for life is contagious. They get us out, keep us going and cheer us up after a long day.
- “For getting us up early in the morning every day.” – Harvey
- “I am thankful that no matter what, my dog wakes up happy and ready for the day ahead, which reminds me to relax and let things happen as they may.” – Koa
- “My dog keeps me motivated; I have no choice but to go on daily walks.” – Tanya
- “Wagging tails make me happy!” – Nancy
- “I’m thankful for my dog because no matter how tough of a day I’ve had he is waiting at home for me, greeting me with tons of slobbery kisses and tail wags.” – Tanya
- “Best. Greeting. Committee. Ever. Wildly wagging tails, lolling tongues, big wet kisses – how do you beat that?” – Melissa
There is never a dull moment with a pet in the house. Their personalities keep us entertained and on our toes!
Unconditional love & companionship
- “Boots, my snake, is always entertaining me with insane antics in his terrarium. I choose to watch him more than television, most of the time.” – James
- “I am thankful for my cat Yua Mae because she is a great hunter and brings me lots of great gifts on my front porch.” – Kayla
- “I am thankful for the sound of little teeth crunching and munching on hay coming from my five bunnies as I drift off to sleep.” – Koa
Our pets’ love is not dependent on anything we do or don’t do. It is selfless and limitless. There is no love like a pet’s love!
Unique – and too good to not share
- “Their love is unconditional.” – Nancy
- “For their love and enthusiasm in all that they do.” – Harvey
- “For the unconditional love I receive from my dog Scrappy! No matter what, he is the first to greet me when I come home and never wants to leave my side.” – James
- “My cat Rocky has been my companion since I was 13 years old (I’m 27 now).” – Kayla
- “Unconditional love!” – Kally
- “Unconditional love. No human on the planet has a heart as big as my dog’s or a nature as forgiving of my flaws.” – Melissa
Some of the reasons we are thankful for our pets are too unique to fit in a category, but are so personal and special that we had to share them with you.
- “Free therapy!” – Kally
- “I am thankful when Jenna will not move until I give her a kiss on her nose.” – Melissa
- “Scrappy doesn’t talk…Silence is hard to come by nowadays.” – James
- “I am thankful for my fish Bonnie because all she ever wants is food.” – Delaney
- “I am thankful for my rescue dog, Ada Jean, because she keeps my family safe and the house secure while I am away at work.” – Kayla
- “I am thankful for the two months my dog has now been cancer-free.” – Koa
- “Motivation for being a better human; I just keep trying to live up to my dog’s opinion of me.” – Melissa
Listing all the reasons we are thankful our pets has been a good reminder to be grateful for them…this season and every season! At Pet Pros, we love our pets and we are thankful we get to help you love your pets. We want to hear why you are thankful for your pets! Visit our Facebook page
and post a picture of you and your pet with the reasons you’re thankful for your pets.