Let us introduce you to Paw Art!
Spring is here and if you are looking for a fun outdoor activity to do with your pet, we’ve got just the thing! Paw Art is an easy, inexpensive way to make a memory with your pet. You’ll be surprised at how talented of an artist your pet can be with a little help from you! And this inspiration comes just in time for Mother’s Day. (Hint: Last minute gift idea!) So, gather the supplies listed below, follow our step-by-step instructions and you’ll have a new work of art, keepsake, or personalized gift in just a few minutes.
Here is what you will need to create your own Paw Art masterpiece with your pet.
- Paint – non-toxic, washable finger paints (paints designed for young children work well)
- Paper plates for the paint
- Foam brushes
- Paper – a heavier paper works best
- Bowl with water
- Paint brushes or markers to draw on the flower stems
- Paper towels
- Dog or cat treats (to reward your pet!)
These supplies are optional but recommended to make the job easier.
- Lumino Canine Nose & Paw Moisturizing Butter – help soften paws before painting and make clean-up a bit easier
- Earthbath Grooming Wipes – to clean paws after painting
Follow these instructions to get crafty with your pet.
- Print a Paw Art template (download below) if you want to use one of our templates.
- Gather and set up supplies.
- Get a helper. This way one of you can paint and the other can distract your pet with yummy treats.
- Clean your pet’s paw. Once paw is clean, use a bit of Lumino Canine Nose & Paw Moisturizing Butter to soften the paw and make cleanup quicker.
- Using a foam brush, apply paint to the paw pad. This keeps the hair from getting full of paint.
- Gently press your pet’s paw onto a piece of paper. Do this as many times as you like (and your pet will allow!)
- Clean the paint off your pet’s paw. A bowl of water and paper towels will do the job. You can also use grooming wipes (we prefer Earthbath) to safely and easily clean their paw.
- Give your furbaby a treat and a smooch for their good work.
- Paint some stems, leaves and details to make a sweet bouquet.
Not only do these Paw Art prints make a thoughtful gift that you can keep forever but creating them is a great experience for you and your pet! If you’re inspired to make your own, we’d love to see the finished product. Share it with us on Facebook or Instagram.