Spring is a wonderful season full of new experiences and new adventures — for you and for your best pal.
This year, make spring an extra-special time for your four-legged friend by introducing them to new treats. We highly recommend this Applesauce and Oatmeal DIY dog treat recipe, which is easy, healthy, and delicious. Plus, you can shape these treats into a variety of spring-themed designs to really help you get in the spirit of the season.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. The dough should be moist, but firm.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for an hour.
- Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container or Ziploc bag
These treats are perfect to bring on an outdoor adventure, to teach new tricks with, or even just to brighten up a rainy day.
If you try these, we’d love to hear what your dog thinks! And, for more great recipes, check out DIY Healthy Dog Treat Recipe sheet
. Your furry friend will thank you!
A big thanks to our friends at The Honest Kitchen for this tasty treat recipe.